Friday, August 22, 2014

Get To Know Me!!

Hello, people that are on this blog right this minute. I want to introduce myself. And say what this blog will be about.

My name is Austyn Lorraine. I am a 16 year old baby name nerd that just is in love with names. I usually steer to the old-fashion, timeless names. But then there is always that one name that isn't in my "usual name loves". I'll start with how my name was picked!

My first name, as most name nerds know, is a full on boys name. That should NEVER be used on girls. EVER! Except, my parents broke that rule and gave it to me. I hate my first name, always have. It's a boys name and I'm not a boy, so why should I get punished and have a boys name? My middle name, on the other hand, I'm in love with. I love it so much, I will use to as my first daughters name. A long time in the future. Anyways, back to the story. My mom found out she was pregnant with my in June of 1997, I was due March 6th, 1998. But my parents didn't think of names until about the 5th month line (20 weeks), they chose both a boy and a girl name as they didn't find out what I was until I was born. I was going to be either Thomas Ross or Judith Lorraine. Until my mom saw in a magazine that this person named their daughter Austin. And she fell in love with it, she told my dad and at first he wasn't on board with it. He didn't like it as much as my mom did. But he changed his mind, - thanks dad. And to make it more "girly" my mom changed the I into a Y. A trend that most name nerds hate. Well, my due date came and went and no sign of little me. Until March 19th, 1998. When I was born at 3:19pm, I became Austyn instead of Austin. So my name is always, and I repeat, always misspelled. I usually just get Austin, though. But there have been some super weird ones. Lorraine is a family name, and my mom has always said that middle names should be reserved for family names. And that's what happened in mine and my little sisters case. I wish my mom could of thought about how my life would be with a name like Austyn. Granted, I've never been picked on for my name, but I felt like I wanted to be a boy. I already had a boys name, all I needed was the body part and I would be set, right? Thank the Lord that, that phase is over! I'm sorry, I'm probably rambling on too much about this subject. Let's move on.

This blog will be about my life as a teenage name nerd. From what names I love to what names I hate. To what my boyfriens thinks about some names. To what my sister thinks.

I'm on Nameberry as BabyNameAholic • I'm on Formspring as BabyNameAholic as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment